Ahead of President Obama’s visit to the Carillon on Thursday, October 25th, Richmond Police have announced a slew of parking restrictions and street closures as a result of the presidential visit. So if you go through Byrd Park to get to work take a good look at this map.
For those attending the event at the Carillon, there will be no parking near the landmark. All ticketed attendees must park at City Stadium, where they will be shuttled to the event. Towing around the Carillon will begin at 6:00 AM on Thursday.
From approximately 6:00 AM – 3:00 PM on Thursday, the following streets will also be closed:
- Rugby Road
- Wilbon Road
- Park Drive Between Shirley Lane and Blanton Avenue
- Blanton Avenue
- Trafford Road between Blanton and Spottswood Road
- Bute Lane east at Rugby Road
- Carillon Court
- Garrett Street between Blanton Avenue and Walpole Street
- Douglasdale Road east of Walpole Street
- Condie east of Walpole Street
- French Street east of Walpole Street
- Grant Street east of Walpole Street
- South Sheppard Street south of Maplewood Avenue (except for school employees)
- Stroller’s Lane
- Byrd Park Vita Course will be closed
- Barker Field will be closed
- Dogwood Dell parking lots will be closed
- Carillon Park will be closed
For those traveling northbound on the Nickel Bridge, detours will be established at Shirley Lane and lead to Meadow Street. Those motorists traveling southbound from Boulevard will still have access to the Downtown Expressway.
More details on Thursday’s special regulations and closures can be found here.
Thanks to Byrd Park for this post, which I stole almost verbatim.