From the press release;
City to hold registration for youth football, cheerleading
Richmond, VA – Children who live in the city, between the ages of 5 and 14, and are not beyond eighth grade in school, can register to play football or become a cheerleader this fall with Richmond’s Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Facilities. Registration cost just $25 per child and will take place between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on July 28 and August 18 at the following community centers:
- Battery Park, 2803 DuPont Circle
- Bellemeade/T.B. Smith, 2015 Ruffin Rd.
- Blackwell, 300 E. 15th St.
- Chimborazo, 3000 E. Marshall St.
- Hickory Hill, 3000 E. Belt Blvd.
- Hotchkiss, 701 E. Brookland Park Blvd.
- Powhatan, 5051 Northampton St.
- Randolph, 1415 Grayland Ave.
- Reid, 1301 Whitehead Rd.
- Westover, 1301 Jahnke Rd.
Practices will begin on Monday, August 6, and games will be held on Saturdays beginning on September 8. The season will culminate in tournament championship games and an awards ceremony.
Proof of city residency through a utility bill or rent receipt, grade verification through a report card or current year schedule, and a birth certificate are required at registration. Parents or guardians must also sign a waiver at registration.
Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard, check or money order. No cash payments will be accepted.
For more information, call 804-646-5733.