The image above will take you to RVANews’ most excellent city wide guide. Below are some specifics on H&H events that I know about. As always let me know about events I forgot in the comments and I’ll add them in.
- Big firework show on July 3rd • 9:15 PM on Brown’s Island. Last year the Deck for Legend was packed by 1 pm.
- Riverside Drive will be closed from 8 to 11 PM on July 4 between Prince Arthur and Evelyn Byrd, and also from New Kent to Breckenridge on the other side of the railroad bridge. Please respect people’s property. Last year I watched a family allow a pack of kids run amuck in someone’s yard, don’t be that family.
- Westover Hills Baptist 4th of July Celebration starts at 7:30 PM.
- Westover Hills July 4 Children’s Parade will be held on Wednesday, July 4, at 10 AM and runs from the intersection of Peterborough and Sylvan Road up to 5021 Sylvan Road. It is a veritable horde of cute kids.
- Dogwood Dell activities kick off at 5 PM on July 4th.